Learn Your Enneagram Type with an Enneagram Typing Interview
Beginner Option for Individuals:
AN ENNEAGRAM TYPING INTERVIEW
Online Enneagram tests are notoriously inaccurate.
Why? Because the Enneagram goes deeper. It highlights your blind spots and invites you to develop a transformative capacity to self-observe.
This stand alone typing interview is 50 minutes with one of our Narrative Enneagram certified associates chosen by Leslie.
(Leslie does not do stand alone typing interviews unless it is with a family member or team member of a current client).
In the session, you will engage in the Typing Process with an Enneagram coach who will help you learn:
- Your thought patterns
- Your emotional patterns
- Your sensory/bodily clues
After the typing interview, you have a 30-40 minute conversation with your coach. You will review the interview and discover your type. You receive a copy of The Essential Enneagram by David Daniels M.D./Virginia Price
Beginner + “Ready for More” Option for Individuals:
TYPING INTERVIEW + 4 sessions with Enneagram expert Leslie Hershberger.
- 90 minute typing interview (see above).
- Desires and/or goals for your 4 coaching sessions.
- Learn how your Enneagram style impacts your life and your relationships.
- Learn practices and reflections to support your development.
- Practice powerful actions to help you grow in self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
CLICK HERE to determine if you are ready for the Typing and Coaching Process.
Practiced Enneagram Students and/or Teachers:
5 Sessions Enneagram Deep Dive with Leslie.
Leslie does an Enneagram Deep Dive with you based on her 18 years of training with a deep practice community.
- Learn your Enneagram Subtype Instinct
- Create your own Pause practices
- Create your own inner “Compassion Lab“
- Discover Four Inner Voices for Discernment that can guide you in the middle of a tough decision.
- Learn the Law of Three
- Learn how to use all three of your Centers of Intelligence.
More about Typing:
- You don’t discover your type by taking a test (although online tests do exist, they are often inaccurate). You learn your type through a face-to-face interview and/or listening to a panel of exemplars as they answer questions and share their experiences, motivations and behaviors.
- As you work with and listen to others, you gain invaluable insight into others and your relationships. You also deepen your understanding and compassion as you gain insight into the complexity of other worldviews.
- The Enneagram is a constellation of energy patterns. As you learn your type, you learn your body’s responses to your mental and emotional patterns.
- It doesn’t box you in. The Enneagram gives you tools for self-management which loosen the grip from the box you are already in. Many of us trained in the Enneagram are fully aware of the rich complexity of each human being and honor your uniqueness. You are more than your type.
- It’s developmental. People who work with the Enneagram, report significant, identifiable changes in themselves and their relationships.
- It’s not the byproduct of psychology. Rather, it’s been developed through a long, oral tradition of real people who reflect upon their own inner patterns. With that said, prestigious academic universities like Harvard and Stanford embrace the Enneagram.
There are countless Personality Profiles, but the Enneagram’s profundity lies in its accuracy and its honoring of our human complexity.
Why do we use the Enneagram to help you develop Self Awareness?
Get unstuck. The Enneagram helps you identify hidden habitual mental patterns
EXAMPLE: If your habit is to habitually pay attention to other people’s needs, you’re going to have to come face to face with your own avoided needs when you start working with the Enneagram.
It identifies your core emotions that drive the pattern
EXAMPLE: If your habit is to pay attention to worst case scenario, you will eventually come face to face with your core fears that are driving this habit. You can’t “force” yourself not to feel fear. There ARE things you can do to manage it though.
Identifies the motivation underneath these habits. You discover that your habits are rooted in the natural human need for:
Power and control
EXAMPLE: Imagine a time when you feel like no matter how hard you try, you can’t control a situation that is important to you. You also may give away your power to others which is another, more subtle way of controlling the situation.
Safety and security
EXAMPLE: You want to feel like you aren’t going to be surprised by something you can’t handle. It can be as simple as feeling stuck at a boring meeting or as complex as feeling afraid of all the feelings that will come if someone you love becomes ill.
Affection and esteem
EXAMPLE: Consider a time when you want to someone to think well of you. We each “do” things we believe will help us make a connection.
HIGH POTENTIAL FOR SELF-DEVELOPMENT
Given your level of awareness at any given time, your type has healthy and less healthy ways of expressing itself.
Awareness offers you the opportunity to choose your Actions consciously.
It’s different from other typing systems because:
BREAKS YOU OUT OF A BOX: It doesn’t box you in. Rather, it gives you tools to free you from the box you already are in. Many of us trained in the Enneagram are fully aware of the rich complexity of each human being and honor your uniqueness beyond type.
IT’S NOT WHAT YOU DO. IT’S WHY YOU DO IT: You don’t easily discover your type by taking a test (although online tests do exist, they are often inaccurate because the Enneagram types you from blind spots you often can’t see). This is why it is so powerful. It helps you see what you couldn’t see. You must PAUSE to see when you “go on autopilot.”
COMPASSION: You learn your type and you learn about others through a face-to-face interview and/or listening to a panel of exemplars as they answer questions and share their experiences. You deepen your understanding and compassion as you gain insight into other worldviews.
THREE CENTERED: It doesn’t all happen in the head!
It identifies your mental, emotional and sensory/instinctive patterns which often affect your health and well-being.
LIKE ANYTHING WORTH LEARNING, IT REQUIRES PRACTICE: You learn “Pause Practices” which enable you to pause and identify patterns you choose to work with in order to grow in awareness of yourself and others.
Getting to the WHY:
It’s one thing to know who you are. We tend to learn that with life experience.
Yet the Enneagram struck me by its accuracy and its ability to get underneath our patterns to the “why’s.”
We are complex human beings with distinct stories. Step into yours.